Brilliant! In terms we can ALL understand!
This is one of the best explanations of this country’s economic condition I ever received…that is why I’m sending it out to you… Maybe you will appreciate it as I did…
Lesson # 1:
* U.S. Tax revenue: $2,170,000,000,000
* Fed budget: $3,820,000,000,000
* New debt: $ 1,650,000,000,000
* National debt: $14,271,000,000,000
* Recent budget cuts: $ 38,500,000,000
Let’s now remove 8 zeros and pretend it’s a household budget:
* Annual family income: $21,700
* Money the family spent: $38,200
* New debt on the credit card: $16,500
* Outstanding balance on the credit card: $142,710
* Total budget cuts: $385
Got It ?????
Lesson # 2:
Here’s another way to look at the Debt Ceiling:
You come home from work and find there has been a sewer backup in your neighborhood….and your home has sewage all the way up to your ceilings.
What do you think you should do….raise the ceilings, or pump out the crap? Your choice is coming Nov. 2012
I’m for pumping out the crap…